This week, I asked my friend Kathleen to be my Friday Favorites guest! I'm thinking, once a month, it would be fun to have a new friend put together a list of their favorites to change things up a bit. I mean let's get real---I can only think of so many favorites everyyyy week. 

So without further a due...Kathleen's post. She really should be a blogger herself and I'm willing to bet you guys will agree with me :) 

Hello fellow blog followers! I’m so honored to be a guest on my dearest friend Amber’s blog this week for Friday Favorites! I’m Kathleen and I love sweet tea, dark chocolate, teaching a class of crazy 2nd graders and coming up with clever hashtags. (please don’t tell me if you don’t think they are clever. #imightcry) And without further delay…HERE WE GO!  

These are 5 things that I absolutely love!! I decided to focus on something for each of my “friend types”. (Yes this is something I totally made up just now) 1. Teacher friends. 2. Mommy friends. 3. Church friends.  4. College friends. 5. ANY friends. Are they frivolous? Yes. Totally random? Maybe. Life changing? Certainly. Hope you enjoy!

one


First up, Pentel Energel Deluxe Pens. I know, I know you think this is so random and so boring, BUT HAVE YOU TRIED THEM YET?!?! I swear-- these are literally the greatest pens I have ever used in my life! As a teacher, I have to do anything I can to make my days grading papers and writing in math workbooks more enjoyable. These totally do the trick! You can all thank me later by buying me a package of these. I get mine at Staples or Office Depot. #gonow

two


Next, we have my MOST FAVORITE essential oil by Young Living. I started using these oils almost a year ago and can’t imagine life without them now! They are truly amazing and I’m nowhere near as knowledgeable as I’d like to be about them, but love learning more! Keep in mind that anything I’m about to say is just a testimonial of my experience and I am ONLY talking about the Young Living brand since it is one of the only ones safe for topical use. Please educate yourself before using essential oils of any kind! Now the good stuff! Let me share just SOME of the things I use this for...burns, scrapes, cuts (especially those of the paper variety), face moisturizer, chapped skin, acne, allergies, stress, cramps, tummy aches and sleep! HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE SOMETHING THAT DOES ALL THAT!?!? Seriously, mommy friends you need this in your arsenal. If I could whip it out and oil up my sweet little students every time they got a paper cut my life would be a million times easier! #teachersbestfriend

three


Okay, church friends…this one is for you! If you know me then you know I absolutely ADORE Rifle Paper Co. They sell the most beautiful journals, phone cases, prints, stationary, garlands, office goodies and so much more! I’m currently busy coveting their new black and gold wallpaper. #savingitforsomedaywhenIhave12bathrooms Back to these little beauties in the picture…these journals come in a set of 3 and are the perfect size for me to carry around with my Bible and take notes in at Church and Homegroup. (Shout out to The Village Church Plano!) I love that they are cute and still “grown up.” I even have one in my purse for all my to-do lists and random musings. And the best part is they are so affordable it’s not even a big splurge! Helpful Hint: they make great gifts. #yourewelcome  Pick ‘em up at PaperSource, Anthropologie, or Rifle Paper Co.’s website!

four


Okay, so I know it’s been 5 years (almost 6…yikes) since I graduated Texas Tech in 2009, but I still have an obsessive love of all TTU paraphernalia. I even decorated my classroom with Red, Black and White and I totally take pride in brainwashing my students to think that the only sensible choice for college is Texas Tech. #wreckem #iamaredraidereveryday True, I don’t keep up with our sports teams as much as I probably should, but I’m okay with it.  #youshouldbetoo  On to my glittery koozie…I occasionally stop at Rally House on my way home whenever I need a dose of Texas Tech cuteness and I often find myself compelled to buy completely ridiculous items that I don’t really need but just HAVE TO HAVE. #storyofmylife Insert glittery koozie. However, I’ve been surprised at how much I use it since I now recycle Snapple bottles and fill them with water and citrus oils to drink at work everyday. So, my frivolous spending finally proved worthy. #youmightdisagree #butitsokay And for all my friends who have to have a Diet Coke or Dr. Pepper everyday this is PERFECT for you! My goal in life is to make the mundane more magical…so there you go. #whatsmoremagicalthanglitter?

five


And finally, if you haven’t been able to figure out which category of my friends you belong to so far…never fear! This favorite is for you! Probably the greatest idea I’ve ever had was to buy these Natalie Lete plates my heart had been longing for from Anthropologie a few years ago. I once heard Nate Berkus  say (on OPRAH of course) that the most beautiful things in your home should be the things you touch and use everyday. IT COMPLETELY CHANGED MY LIFE. Now, instead of saving my pretty things for “someday” or “once in a while” I try to use them often and enjoy them! I’ve never regretted it for one second! These hand-painted plates are my everyday dishes and they still make my heart pitter-patter even when I’m eating cheese and crackers for dinner. #theglamourousgirlssinglelife AND I love that she still comes out with new designs every few months so my collection continues to grow! Check out Anthropologie’s website for all the ones in stores now!

It’s been so much fun to share my favorite things with you! Hope you revel in all the beautiful and magical things the world has to offer this weekend!
Much Love, Kathleen

Thank you sweet friend for putting this post together. You made me want everything and I know others will enjoy it as much as I did!

Linking up with...









2 Comments