This weekend has been one I will never forget. My best friend since the 4th grade...had her baby boy. Leah is basically the sister I never had. We've known each other for 16 years. In quiet moments, I tear up at the thought of how much we have grown and how far we have come. From elementary school, to middle school, to high school, to college, to marriage, to babies, it is all just moving so fast. UH! life. The older I get the faster it goes and it's never slowing down. Thank God for Jesus and my eternal life in Heaven. ha!

Some of my favorite memories with my sweet friend are below. We have a billon and one memories and one day I will get that elementary yearbook out and share. 







 This was our last pedicure/outing of any kind before baby Brayden came 6 days later. I look so happy here, but I broke down when I got in the car. I had already cried a week prior when Leah was opening her first gift at her baby shower. Pretty sure I was more dramatic then she was throughout her pregnancy. Terrible.  


Although the Saturday was one of the happiest days of my life so far...it was also bittersweet. Brayden Luke was born and I became an aunt...but it also ended a chapter of our friendship because Leah had entered motherhood. Can you say grown ups...blah!

Through all my emotions, I realized God brought me the best Saturday ever to spend with my sweet friend and her boy. A couple hours after Brayden was born, Leah's family left the hospital, Kevin's parents left, and Kevin even had to leave for an unexpected dog errand. It left Brayden, Leah and I in the room together. I joked with Leah that it felt like we were having our last sleepover with a random baby we stole. So surreal! She was on the phone ordering her hospital dinner and I was seating in a chair, holding Brayden, and propping my legs on the side of her bed. The TV was on in the background and we were just talking. I never imagined I would have the opportunity to be with Leah that day for 8 hours and at the hospital for 10. I have no doubts that God orchestrated that perfect day for us. I needed it. 

I am the biggest fan of her little man. Brayden came out a perfect 7 pounds and 10 ounces, at exactly 11:00 am. He has a head full of hair and the sweetest little faces. Love my precious friend and her baby boy...my nephew, (pretending)! But in all seriousness. Let's get real. I have forever stepped into the auntie role, wanted or not!

Here I am waiting for Brayden's arrival. Leah was admitted into the hospital between 8:30 and 9am, I believe. I thought for sure getting there by 11 am would be no problem at all. I mean we would be waiting there all day after all. Heck no! She was apparently fully dilated when she arrived to the hospital and started pushing by 10:15 or so. Soooo...please excuse the mess that I am. I literally sped all the way down 75, with my wet hair from my 2 minute shower. Dramatic- I know. Her sister in law took these pictures. So grateful she was there to capture the these memories. 




Giving my brave friend a hug before even seeing that baby. YOU DID IT GIRL!



Holding Brayden Luke Hull for the first time. Most handsome baby I have ever seen. What a stud!!












Ahhhh! Can't. Get. Enough. Separation Anxiety has set in. 

Tonight, I am thanking God for the friendships and people he perfectly places in my midst to make it through this life. 

Love you Leah. Thanks for being my longest bff ever. Here's to the years to come. Ya know, when Brayden turns 5...10...18...30. Gahhh. Where's the kleenex. 



Leave a Reply