This weekend was one of the best! Sometimes I feel the older I get, the more emotional and sappy I am about everythingggg. At the old age of 26, I seriously have moments where I just want to have a happy cry fest thinking about all the good memories from before graduating college, owning a house, working, and paying bills. Relive high school and college anyone??!! Yesterday tore me apart in the best way!

Saturday I went to Bass Hall to see "Beauty and the Beast". My  good friend, Patrick Pevehouse, plays Lumiere. Patrick and I went to middle school and high school together, but our friendship really began at church. The limitless amounts of laughter I shared with this boy were some of the best days of my life. From singing in choir, to having THE BEST inside jokes, to mission trips, spending every Sunday evening at youth group together,  and having his family be my second family, I hold his friendship so so close to me. Although for the last 8 years we have not been in the same city and mayyyy see each other once a year (if that). I can never seem to forget the absolute FUN we had together. The "yellow straw" and "I Can Only Imagine" days were some of the best. 

To say I was excited about seeing him light up the stage yesterday would be the biggest understatement of the year. 

Patrick has a talent like no other. I love musicals, but they are even more special when you know a member of the cast. When they sing, I hear HIS voice. When they walk on stage, I see HIS mannerisms. When they dance, I see HIS smile. It's so cool. I am so proud of you Patrick. The person you have become and the enormous talent you share with the world. YOU were the star of the show. Lumiere is the absolute perfect role for you. 






My momma and I standing right in front of Patrick's face...What were we thinking???


Intermission...


Look there's his name! I know that guy!

After the show, we went to see Patrick. I told his mom I was literally shaking the moment I got to hug his neck because I had this flood of emotions come over me haha. Nothing like your brain reeling through every memory you've had with this amazing person who is literally a star. Uh! Just look at this embrace we shared. I think I was repeating over and over, "I miss you so much", "You were so good", "That was amazing" oh and "I miss you". "Did I tell you I missed you already"? Because. I. Do. After sharing with his mom the embarrassing shaking and emotions that came over me she said, "The special friendship has surpassed the years in between." So true Debbie, so true. Love him.





His momma and I. So blessed, to be SO blessed, by this family. 


For those of you who have never been to a musical production before...you can't take pictures during the actual show, so I found some online to give you an idea of all the elements that fill the stage. So many details in the costumes, make up, backdrops, curtains, lighting, etc. It's all so rich and beautiful. Look! There he is!!! My candlestick. 


Photo found HERE



Photo found HERE.

That moment you question how they are going to bring dishes and teacups, candlesticks and clocks to life on that stage...they blow you away with creativity and talent. That's what I love about musicals--the suspense and surprise in waiting to see how all the characters come to life. Do yourself a favor and see any musical production. I've personally seen: Grease, The Lion King, Wicked, The Wizard of Oz and Beauty and the Beast.

Although Patrick's last performance in Fort Worth was today, you can find the rest of the tour schedule HERE if you happen to be traveling!!! You won't regret it. This was my husband's first musical to see and he said it definitely would not be his last! That's saying A LOT.

Love you Patty...



Leave a Reply