I am literally thanking God it is Friday today. We had our Valentine's Party at school and party days make for an entire party week because all the kids think about is party, party, party! All. Week. Long. Needless to say, being absent from the blog for two weeks has me excited for a good Friday Favorites! Enjoy.

{one}

My students amaze me everyday. When they were asked to write to someone they love today, I assumed they would just write sweet letters to their mommys and daddys. 75% of my class, actually wrote to others.

like friend in our class...


...Dear Ahmed, I love you because we come from the same city and our moms and dads were born in Pakistan and our birthday is on the same day and your mom speaks Urdu and mine too. Love, Aamna

and girlfriends...


...Dear Sophie, I love you because you are my love and you are my girlfriend. You give me hugs and you play with me at recess. Love, Parker

HELLOOOO this is Kindergarten for cryin' out loud. Where do they learn to write stuff like this. "You are my love". WOW. 

and even dogs...


...Dear Roxie, I love you because you give me kisses and you always wake me up. And you always make me smile. And you are always there for me. Love, Morgan. 


...Dear My Dog Charlie, I love you Charlie because you give me kisses all the time and sleep with me all the time. Love, Max. 


Are those not the sweetest? Ahhh! These kids are such a blessing. There were more letters. 20 of them. All so genuine and full of love. Praying these babes can stay innocent forever and always see the goodness in the world. 

{two}

I recently heard about a blog that does "Encouraging Wednesdays" where you can download a free 4x6 print and a free wallpaper screen for your phone. Here was this weeks download for the phone...


I've been able to start memorizing one scripture a week with it too because I literally see the verse every time I look at my phone! This is my third week to be blessed by this sweet lady sharing Jesus. Find French Press Mornings HERE!

{three}

This denim jacket. 




I've been on the lookout for a good denim jacket for a couple of weeks. I asked co-workers and friends for places that they have bought their jackets. I wanted one that was fitted but also relaxed where I could move my arms around and roll up the sleeves. I ended up at Old Navy because their prices can not be beat. Old Navy has some AH-mazing clothes out for the spring. I'm obsessed and have probably gone once a week for the past three weeks. 

My denim jacket hunt started when Pinterest Told Me To raved about this denim jacket (KUT from the Kloth at Nordstrom):


And yes it is perfect. The reviews are amazing. The buttons are more goldish than silver and it has the perfect fit. BUT the $79 price tag scared me. Eeeek. 

I got mine at Old Navy for $20 with a sale and a coupon. How's that for a save versus a splurge? I bought a small for the winter to wear over sweaters and long sleeves and an x-small for the spring and summer. On oldnavy.com reviews gave it a 4.8 out of 5 stars. The people mention the durable denim, the color, the perfect length, how it is fitted throughout and the spandex. I couldn't agree more. Go getcha self one HERE! You won't be sorry. It's a must have item.

{four}


Y'all. I have been searching high and low for a miracle cc cream. I am not a big make-up person. I also need my make-up to be very lightweight. I can not stand to feel anything on my face. Sensory. Issues. I get very over stimulated and freaked out when I can feel the cakey-ness of make-up on me. I'm weird, I realize that. 

However, I do have a lot of redness in my skin and rosacea on my cheek bones. My dermatologist wants me to be using a sun screen on my face to protect my skin from further redness, but those break me out. Acne all over the place...no thank you!! CC stands for color correcting which is exactly what my skin needs and most cc creams also have SPF in it. I initially searched the internet for a cc cream to find reviews but ultimately ended up watching Youtube beauty channels and found THE ONE!! I purchased Lumene CC Cream at my local Walgreens in the light color but will probably get medium for the summer. This product has the perfect texture, it's very lightweight but also acts as a foundation for me, has so many great benefits, blends so easily, covers up my redness and doesn't break me out. And for only $14.99 or less, you should try it out too. The reviews I've read have all been good. I believe I heard on a video that the product is made in Finland. It has some wild arctic berry ingredient for anti-aging or something. Ha!

You can definitely use your fingers to apply the cream but I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (after reading many reviews) and I think it helps the cream to look flawless on your skin. I also purchased this at Walgreens. 



I plan to do a post on make-up later in the week, because those YouTube beauty channels made me do a little shoppin'. Even though I will never be a big make-up wearer (is that even a word), I found several new, fun favorites!

{five}

Matt and I have been binge watching Netflix. I am still watching Gossip Girl- at the end of season 5. I typically watch this show alone and then Matt and I have a show we always watch together. We started The Walking Dead a few months ago but were kind of bored with season 1. We kept hearing so many great things about it, so we decided to give it another try and LOVE it. The blood and guts are not my favorite but the series is so suspenseful and that makes it all worth it. I find myself gasping or screaming through every episode. SO fun! 



As always, I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals.



Enjoy your weekend blogging friends! Happy Valentine's Day!



4 Comments

  1. "You are my love and you are my girlfriend" 😂😂😂 omg!!! So precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also bought her a little doll with his own chore money!! So sweet.

      Delete
  2. Love those valentines! I'm going to get that scripture wall paper for my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari you can even follow her on Instagram for the encouraging wednesdays!!

      Delete